CAR 115 - Mathematics for Carpenters 1
3 Lecture Hours
This course provides a foundation of mathematics applied to the carpentry trade. Students will practice computational skills and apply analytical solutions to carpentry projects using measurements, geometry, speed squares, sliding t-bevels, combination squares and framing squares.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Calculate linear feet, board feet, square feet and cubic feet.
- Calculate measurement to one eighth of an inch and one centimeter.
- Estimate quantities of material and prepare order sheets.
- Lay out building lines by using the Pythagorean Theorem.
- Build batter boards and accurately establish building lines with string.
- Space and measurement calculations
- Measuring devices
- Estimating materials
- Building layout
- Batter boards
Instructor-approved textbook and materials.
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 05/06/2014
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)