CIT 282 - Mobile Device and Cloud Security
3 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: CIT 182
This course provides students knowledge and skills involved with managing mobile device security and cloud security. Topics include security vulnerabilities in mobile phones and tablets, mobile device security models, system data analysis tools, security vulnerabilities in cloud computing and safeguards in cloud environments.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Appraise security vulnerabilities in mobile phones and tablets.
- Contrast security threats and attacks against mobile devices.
- Evaluate different mobile device security models.
- Perform mobile device system and data analysis.
- Examine solutions to mitigate lost mobile devices.
- Appraise security limitations of the virtualization technology.
- Examine security vulnerabilities in cloud computing.
- Evaluate security policies, agreements and safeguards in cloud environments.
- Mobile device architectures and file systems
- Security vulnerabilities, threats and attacks
- Mobile device security models
- Mobile device system and data analysis tools
- Mitigations of lost mobile devices
- Security limitations of virtualization
- Security vulnerabilities in cloud computing
- Security policies, agreements and safeguards in cloud environments
Textbooks/material, current and appropriate software, multimedia for lecture and demonstration as required by instructor, access to the internet.
Students who successfully complete this course acquire general knowledge, skills and abilities that align with CCAC’s definition of an educated person. Specifically, this course fulfills these General Education Goals:
Approved By: Dr. Quintin B. Bullock Date Approved: 12/14/2020
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)