Feb 03, 2023
EDD 150 - Introduction to Architectural Modeling
4 Skills Lab Hours
This course is an introduction to the development of computer aided 3-dimensional architectural models using a feature based modeling environment. The techniques of constructing, editing and annotating feature-based parametric models will be presented. Projects in the development and presentation of computer generated parametric models, using state-of-the-art modeling software such as AutoDesk Revit, will be completed in the Engineering Graphics and Analysis laboratory. Emphasis is on developing basic parametric skills in residential architectural design and drawings.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Describe the process of modifying and personalizing the Revit user interface.
- Develop a project environment using predefined and global settings.
- Create views using predefined templates.
- Create dynamically linked schedules to include walls, doors and windows.
- Create levels (horizontal planes) and grids (vertical planes).
- Define various wall types using the element properties dialog menu.
- Create floors and roofs using the modeling tools.
- Operate modeling tools to insert doors and windows into a floor plan.
- Use the stair tool to design stairs and railings and place into a 3-D architectural model.
- Operate the floor plan features tool to place components such as furniture and plumbing fixtures to a 3-D architectural model.
- Create annotated construction drawings including plans, elevations, schedules and detail drawings.
- Create presentation drawings including plans, elevations and rendered perspective drawings.
- Lines, shapes and editing tools
- Rectilinear and curved objects sketching
- Overview of design basics
- Interior and exterior walls
- Basement floor plans, designing stairs
- Roof designs
- Ceiling systems and placing lighting fixtures
- Interior and exterior elevations
- Building and wall section views
- Bathroom and kitchen design layouts
- Schedule creations
- Interior and exterior rendering
- Construction documentation sheets
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 04/16/2013
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)