EDT 103 - Overhead Lineworker Maintenance 1
2 Lecture Hours 6 Lab Hours
Co-requisites: EDT 107
This course will provide an overview of electrical transmission and distribution systems. The course focuses on the recognition, safe application and care of necessary tools and equipment. Students gain knowledge necessary to pass the commercial driver’s license permit test.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Select proper pole climbing equipment and tools.
- Butt test inspect a pole for safety.
- Sharpen climbing hooks.
- Climb and work on a pole.
- Tie six basic knots.
- Identify the uses of helper tools.
- Use different types of wire cutters.
- Use preforms, anchors and wire sleeve sizes.
- Interpret transmission and distribution standards for poles.
- Set poles
- Safety procedures in climbing
- Fall protection
- Learning to climb
- Six basic knots
- Sharpening hooks
- Butt testing
- Helper tools
- Wire usage
- Wire and sleeve sizes
Instructor-approved textbook and materials.
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 12/13/2006
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)