HOM 201 - Front Office Operations
3 Lecture Hours
This course emphasizes the public relations and responsibilities of the front office staff. Included are hotel organizations, salesmanship, accounting and controls and the legal aspects of inn keeping.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Explain the organizational structure of the front office staff.
- Recognize management skills and job responsibilities of the front office staff.
- Prepare front office documentation.
- Recognize and explain the interdepartmental relationships of the front office.
- Evaluate the principles of the front office salesmanship as they relate to guest relations, employee relations and overall public relations.
- Front Office Organizational Structure
- Front Office Policies and Procedures
- Front Office Equipment
- Front Office Terminology
- Effective Communication Skills
- Hotel Security
- Guest Cycle
- Legal Aspects
- Key Control/Guest Privacy
Textbook, videos, transparencies, handouts, slides.
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 05/09/2019
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)