FRE 102 - Elementary French 2
3 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: Completion of FRE 101 with a grade of “C” or better
This course builds on the skills in Elementary French 1, as students continue to develop their communicative language skills in French. In addition, this course aims to promote cultural awareness of the French-speaking world. It is recommended that students take the next level FRE course (FRE 201 ) within one academic year of the completion of this course.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Apply what is learned both linguistically and culturally in a variety of situations.
- Utilize French language vocabulary, grammar and French cultural awareness.
- Translate level appropriate material.
- Write more detailed sentences and paragraphs.
- Communicate at a basic or better level in French.
- Use a high novice to low intermediate level vocabulary in and out of the classroom.
- Identify the difference between French and English grammar.
- Compare and contrast cultural differences among French speaking countries.
- Listening comprehension
- Grammar – Present, Present Participle, Preterite, Imperfect.
- Basic conversations
Elementary French Textbook
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 05/19/2010
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)