FRE 201 - Intermediate French 1
3 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: Completion of FRE 102 with a grade of “C” or better
This course builds on the skills acquired during the elementary French language sequence. It includes a functional review of the basic language structures and grammar, then introduces more complex structures. The course has a strong cultural component. It is recommended that students take the next level FRE course (FRE 202 ) within one academic year of the completion of this course.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Apply what has been learned both linguistically and culturally in a variety of situations.
- Utilize the French language vocabulary, grammar and French cultural awareness.
- Translate level appropriate material.
- Write detailed paragraphs.
- Combine what has been learned in this course with what they have learned in the Elementary French courses to develop a more distinguished way of speaking.
- Communicate at an intermediate level in French.
- Use a mid to high intermediate level vocabulary in and out of the classroom.
- Identify phonological and syntactical differences between French and English grammar.
- Compare and contrast cultural differences among French speaking countries and the United States.
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 05/19/2010
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)