EDT 221 - Electrical Distribution Technology Internship 2
200 Practicum Hours
Prerequisites: EDT 203
This internship is the last phase of the Electrical Distribution Technology certificate. The internship will provide an opportunity for “hands on” experience with all the skills and knowledge gained in the courses of the program. Students will spend 40 hours per week on the job for the duration of the internship.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Install cross arms on utility poles.
- Repair broken electrical conductors.
- Install utility poles.
- Perform Pennsylvania Department of Transportation flagging in work areas.
- Collaborate with experienced lineworkers as a team.
- Recognition, safe application, and care of tools, materials and equipment
- Groundwork necessary for installation of the system
- Installation of three phase primary and secondary conductors, overhead and underground service lines
- Troubleshooting and repair of the systems
- Construction and maintenance of a high voltage distribution system
Students will utilize texts, manuals, and instruction sheets, along with work orders and job specification sheets.
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 05/10/2017
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)