EAL 051 - Listening and Speaking 1
3 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: EAL Placement Test
Multilingual learners in this course will be guided to develop skills pertaining to active listening and speaking in academic and social environments. This is a beginner’s course that will provide students with listening tools, both face-to-face and online, providing them with interactive skills to practice fluency and accuracy in their speaking and listening. Audio, video and community interviews will be utilized to improve skills in the most natural environments.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Name familiar words and feelings that are supported by actions and visuals.
- Identify main ideas and important information in brief conversations about familiar topics.
- Ask questions about familiar topics pertaining to self, family, social setting and work
- Express needs pertaining to a variety of situations, activities and feelings.
- Develop conversations on a variety of familiar topics by using basic sentence structures and phrases.
- Food and drinks
- Daily Routine
- Parts of the body
- Plants and animals
Textbook, Videos, Internet
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 05/02/2018
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)