MMC 232 - Server-Side Web Development
3 Skills Lab Hours
Prerequisites: CIT 230
This course focuses on developing interactive websites that can process and store information. This course examines the implementation of databases in a web site framework. Through hands-on projects, students utilize the mechanisms of Hypertext Markup Language forms and Web-based information transfer and a server-side language to build web based applications.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Describe the server-side scripting language development process.
- Create master and detail page sets.
- Use file input/output operations through a server-side scripting language.
- Parse and transform data interchange languages through a server-side scripting language.
- Hypertext Markup Language form elements
- Procedural syntax
- Sending data to web servers
- GET/POST and session states
- Data storage through web pages
- Data retrieval through web pages
- Server side languages
- Structured Query Language data manipulation statements for Insert, Update, Select and Delete operations
Instructor approved textbooks and references
Students who successfully complete this course acquire general knowledge, skills and abilities that align with CCAC’s definition of an educated person. Specifically, this course fulfills these General Education Goals:
Approved By: Dr. Quintin B. Bullock Date Approved: 11/13/2020
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Technological Competence
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)