Jun 26, 2022
PAM 202 - Integrated Paramedic Concepts
3 Lecture Hours 2 Lab Hours 120 Clinical Hours
Prerequisites: BIO 162 , PAM 103 , PAM 104 , PAM 105 and PAM 116C
Co-requisites: PAM 201 , PAM 213C and PAM 214C
This course will integrate paramedic program information and skills in accordance with the National Registry of EMTs psychomotor and didactic testing. This course requires a per credit health career fee; Check the tuition and fee schedule for the current rate.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Complete patient assessment and management for a simulated medical patient.
- Complete patient assessment and management for a simulated trauma patient.
- Complete bleeding control/shock management scenarios.
- Complete cardiac arrest/AED management scenarios.
- Complete intravenous therapy scenarios.
- Complete basic skill scenarios including joint immobilization, bleeding control, long bone immobilization and spinal immobilization for both supine and seated patients.
- Complete adult ventilatory management scenarios.
- Complete pediatric assessment, respiratory compromise and intraosseous infusion scenarios.
- Complete static and dynamic cardiology scenarios.
- Complete oral patient management scenarios.
- Medical patient assessment/management
- Trauma patient assessment/management
- Bleeding/shock control
- Cardiac arrest/AED
- Intravenous therapy
- Intraosseous therapy of pediatric patient
- Random basic skills
- Adult ventilatory management
- Supraglottic airway device insertion
- Cardiology recognition and management - static and dynamic
Textbooks, library resources, journals, videos and lab equipment.
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 05/19/2016
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)