Jun 25, 2022
PAM 214C - Paramedic Field Externship
256 Clinical Hours
Prerequisites: BIO 162 , PAM 103 , PAM 104 , PAM 105 and PAM 116C
Co-requisites: PAM 201 , PAM 202 and PAM 213C
This course incorporates all paramedic program knowledge, skills and affective techniques into a comprehensive field externship. Each student will be assigned to an EMS service and will perform as a team leader under supervision of a specified preceptor. Students will complete required patient contacts and track interventions. Students are responsible for providing and paying for transportation to all clinical sites as well as all other related costs. This course is graded on a pass/fail basis. This course requires a per credit health career fee; Check the tuition and fee schedule for the current rate.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Conduct assessments on patients in specific age and illness categories.
- Determine treatment interventions appropriate for patient condition.
- Manage all aspects of an emergency situation from pre-dispatch to transfer of care to the emergency department.
- Function as a team leader with minimal input from preceptor.
- Display affective attributes required to function effectively as a paramedic.
- Patient assessment and treatment knowledge
- Psychomotor skills appropriate for patient condition
- Affective attributes required to effectively provide emergency care
Textbooks, library resources, journals, videos and lab equipment.
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 05/19/2016
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)