Jun 26, 2022
PAM 213C - Paramedic Clinical 3
64 Clinical Hours
Prerequisites: BIO 162 , PAM 103 , PAM 104 , PAM 105 and PAM 116C
Co-requisites: PAM 201 , PAM 202 and PAM 214C
This course is a clinical rotation which will involve hospital and field application of skills and techniques learned in the classroom. Students will complete required patient contacts and track interventions. Students are responsible for providing and paying for transportation to all clinical sites as well as all other related costs. This course is graded on a pass/fail basis. This course requires a per credit health career fee; Check the tuition and fee schedule for the current rate.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Conduct assessments on patients in specific age and illness categories.
- Provide treatment interventions appropriate for patient condition.
- Select appropriate medications for specific patient conditions.
- Administer medications using correct route, dose and techniques.
- Interpret information from monitoring devices to influence treatment decisions.
- Identify and provide treatment for various medical emergencies.
- Assess and manage patients with traumatic injuries.
- Patient assessment and treatment
- Psychomotor skills appropriate for patient condition
- Affective attributes required to effectively provide emergency care
Textbooks, library resources, journals, videos and lab equipment.
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 05/19/2016
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)