RES 117 - Pulmonary and Related Pathology
3 Lecture Hours 3 Lab Hours
Prerequisites: RES 112 , RES 114 , BIO 209
Co-requisites: RES 115 , RES 116
The study of the nature and cause of disease and conditions that caused the disease. Emphasis is placed on recognizing the clinical signs and symptoms of disease and any changes in normal laboratory values. This course requires a per credit health career fee; check the tuition and fee schedule for the current rate.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Recognize the difference between an obstructive and restrictive patient.
- Outline the clinical signs and symptoms of each respiratory therapy disease process.
- Apply the standards of A.C.L.S. to a patient.
- Observe and assess a patient with pediatric pulmonary disease.
- Module I - A.C.L.S.
- Module II - Obstructive Disease
- Module III - Restrictive Disease
- Module IV - Pediatric Pulmonary Disease
- Module V - Tuberculosis
- Module VI - Fungal Infections
- Module VII - HIV
F.A. Davis Company, Latest Edition
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 07/13/2006
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)