PHT 202 - Pharmacy Law
2 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: PHT 101
This course will explore the laws and current issues that can impact the practice of pharmacy. It will allow the pharmacy technician student to understand the parameters of safe practice. This course requires a per credit health career fee; Check the tuition and fee schedule for the current rate.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Explain the origination of law as it relates to pharmacy.
- Explain federal law as it relates to pharmacy practice.
- Explain the Pennsylvania state laws pertaining to pharmacy practice.
- Define ethics and examine ethical dilemmas a pharmacy technician can face in the profession.
- Pharmacy laws and ethics
- The legal system in the United States
- History and development of the current law
- The Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act
- Federal Controlled Substance Act
- Federal legislation
- Ethics theory and application
- Prevention of medication errors
- HIPAA issues
- Patient safety
Lectures, discussions, presentation of images, videos, handouts, case studies, etc.
Approved By: Flores, Roy Date Approved: 01/31/2003
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)