ART 250 - Advanced Digital Graphic Design
5 Studio Hours
Prerequisites: ART 150
This course is a continuation of ART 150 but will expand on design skills with more intense focus on specific projects such as upcoming events and current design trends. In addition, the student will enhance technical awareness of digital hardware and software as it relates to contemporary standards.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Develop projects that have more restriction, thereby forcing design concept and time duration allowed for completion.
- Produce a complete piece with the addition of more detailed requirements within the project assignment as it relates to industry standards.
- Continued/Advanced Coverage of Vector based software including:
- Bezier tool, outlining type, image tracing and large format design
2. Work on projects that have restrictive requirements such as:
- Design project that focuses strictly on the use of type and shape only
- Themed projects for up coming events
Software: Adobe Illustrator or comparable vector based software
Text: Adobe Classroom in a book (suggested)
Student work examples
Approved By: Murphy, Michael Date Approved: 10/29/2007
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)