EAL 052 - Listening and Speaking 2
3 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: EAL 051 (Completed with minimum “C” grade) or EAL placement.
Multilingual learners will develop listening and speaking skills in order to actively participate in various settings such as social, academic and professional. Students will utilize face to face and online interactive listening and speaking programs. Students will learn through activities that foster listening and speaking skills in different authentic environments such as lectures, newscasts and interviews. Students will also develop various strategies for clarity and pronunciation in order to foster effective communication.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Discuss information on a variety of familiar and non-familiar researched topics by using different time frames.
- Discuss familiar and unfamiliar topics by listening to, asking and answering questions about them.
- Explain reasons for making plans or choices.
- Summarize information gathered through research or conversations with others about familiar or unfamiliar topics by using complex and multiple sentences.
- Describe things, places and people by using multiple sentences and paragraphs.
- Differentiate between various cultures by talking about their similarities and differences.
- The weather
- Eating out
Textbooks, Videos, Internet
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 05/02/2018
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)